Bedside View

Bedside View
1,881 Pages to go!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Kung Hei Fat Choi


Kung Hei Fat Choi and welcome to the year of the rabbit. “At his best, the Rabbit is admired for his suaveness and intelligence and sought after for his sensible advice. At his worst, he is too imaginative, oversensitive or just acidly indifferent*.”

I’ve rested and re-energised and have a New Year’s resolution to de-clutter. Condense the home, the car, the kid’s toy box (I can’t wait for this,) as well as creating space for doing what I love – writing. Yes! I am back with the absolute right to write!

My youngest trotted off to school last week attached to her 5kg school bag crammed full of stationary and books. Leaving behind mum and a trail of holiday boredom-induced destruction she bounded into her classroom. It was such a beautiful moment, like watching a bright balloon, bobbing about on a string. Still attached but ready to let go any minute.

As I turned to go, the holiday’s “I’m hungry” still echoed in my ears. How was she going to cope with structured meal times? Not my problem now. I bounded along the path, even excited by  the prospect of washing dishes, scrubbing clothes and sorting without an audience. The calmness and stillness was delightful and very self indulgent.

I don’t feel lost or flat, pining after my life as a kinder mum. My children are settled and so am I. I’m ready to quietly chip away at a few of my goals. I know you’ve been waiting for my blogging return. You and six others of course. Can I pull a rabbit out of the hat? Perhaps this Chinese New Year I can.




No comments:

Post a Comment