Bedside View

Bedside View
1,881 Pages to go!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Card Only


When I write a birthday or Christmas card I like to fill the entire card with my message. I can’t quite see the point in a To ……… from …………… type of card. It costs 60 cents to post it and even more if it is heading overseas. Fill it with news and heartfelt wishes I say.

With emails and environmental excuses about our carbon footprint, cards and letters are becoming less common. Nothing beats going to the letterbox and finding bright coloured envelopes amongst the plain windows and logos. Someone has taken the time to write a message to me.

Sending a Christmas card with an extensive message is a perfect opportunity to forego the gift and write something that counts. You can’t give a meaningful gift after the occasion but you can always deliver a card. Speaking of forgetting birthdays, I forgot my daughters friend’s party today. For some reason I had Tuesday in mind. I better write a meaningful card for this one!

I still have a few Christmas cards to tick off my list and will endeavour to write an epistle in each. Whatever I write will come from my thoughts and is a genuine way of saying thank you for being my friend.


*This beautiful card design is by local artist Kathryn Schafter from Billie Cards at billicards.com.au. She makes the most beautiful designs to accompany those warm thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment