Bedside View

Bedside View
1,881 Pages to go!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Drinks & Nibbles


Cars are streaming down our street looking at the lights and I have just bid my neighbours a happy Christmas as they departed from drinks at our home. I’ve had more than my usual D.C (yes that addiction book did a lot of good…ha ha) and drank two champagnes to celebrate.

I haven’t prewritten a blog and I am not going to waffle on about the meaning of Christmas or try and dissect some book under the influence. Instead I am going to share a recipe that I made for my neighbours tonight. It’s for Thai chicken coriander muffins and they are such a cinch to make. Delicious!

I love hand written recipes that get splattered with food from being made so many times. There’s something warm and inviting about cooking something that my grandma would bake or a food replicated from a past holiday.

I’d like to say that I met some Thai lady on our honeymoon who took us to her village and made these exotic muffins, but really it was a reader’s recipe in Women’s Weekly or the like. Enjoy!

Thai Chicken Coriander Muffins

500g chicken mince
¼ cup oyster sauce
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp self raising flour
1 tbsp fish sauce
½ cup finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
2/3 cup lite coconut milk

*soy sauce and sliced chillies or sweet chilli sauce for dipping sauce suggestions

1.    Preheat the oven to moderately hot 180 degrees fan-forced

2.   Combine all ingredients and place large rounded tablespoons in mini muffin trays

3.   Bake in mod hot oven for 15 minutes or until cooked through.

4.   Turn chicken muffins out and serve hot with dipping sauce of your choice

No comments:

Post a Comment