Bedside View

Bedside View
1,881 Pages to go!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Dear Santa "i" Would Like


Millions of children world-wide still believe in the magic of Christmas and billions more (like me) wish they still did.

I lament the day I counted beer bottles in the bar fridge. There was no way my Mum and Dad would drink at 2am in the morning. To confirm my horror realization a little peek in my parents’ wardrobe found more evidence of a Santa fraud. A Cabbage Patch Box, poorly covered in a jumper leapt out at me.

My children are still believers and we count down the days to Christmas and religiously open our Advent calendars every morning. We decided to write a letter to Santa in the North Pole.

I had to laugh, my son wants lots of ‘i’ technological devices, that he doesn’t really have a clue about and my daughter is coveting a pink retro style bike at Big W.

I’ve heard that I better pick up my game. Friends of mine write a reply letter to their children on Christmas eve to thank them for the cookies and milk and say how much they’ve grown etc etc.

My hub and I bite the carrot and leave chewed bits on the floor, along with chocolate sultanas to resemble reindeer mess. As yet, we haven’t written a note.

I am going to keep these ones from the kids though. They are priceless mementos of a wonderfully innocent and imaginative time of their lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment