Bedside View

Bedside View
1,881 Pages to go!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Can't Beat Them - Join Them!









I've joined the Blogging Brigade! That deserves an exclamation mark - maybe even two!! 


Why have I ventured into this social medium you ask? The truth is that PR/marketing has progressed at a staggering rate since I traded my suit and three-inch heels for the Wiggles, thongs and kinder duty 6+ years ago.  I have the quals, experience and results...if only six years hadn't passed in between.


I'm out 'there' again in my new suit (my pre-kid one gave me a 'parking inspector' look rather than a corporate whiz vibe) trying to get my foot back in the revolving PR door. It's a scary world when you have literally been out of 'the game' for so long.


Since thinking about my return to work, I've had three interviews and I have to admit that I am being selective. Being a Mum puts life into perspective and balance is crucial so I am looking for part-time work within a 30km radius of home. The problem is that so are 500 other Mums!


Any way, I was pretty chuffed to get the interviews on my own merits without any 'C.V fluffing'. I actually used my three year stint as Social & Fundraising Coordinator at the kinder to show them I could captivate an audience, make over $30,000 and juggle other commitments.


"Love your can do attitude" was a familiar response BUT "we are really looking for someone with experience in the book industry". 


So I figure if I can't beat em, I'll join them (at least in a blogging sense).

No comments:

Post a Comment