Bedside View

Bedside View
1,881 Pages to go!

Friday, October 22, 2010

And Don't Forget the Drumettes

Today, there was some confusion over a teeny little cut of chicken  and the correct name for it.

I sent my dear dad off to the Victorian Market to buy me 100 chicken drumettes for a catering job and he came back with a hormone infused version. It was in actual fact 100 chicken drumsticks.

There were four bags full of giant chicken drumsticks. "You said drumettes...I got you them," Dad huffed.

He had everything on my list from butter lettuces to garlic, so it wasn't a 'And Don't Forget the Bacon' scenario. A slight variation in the word meant the difference between finger food and fist fodder.

Moral to the story - do your shopping yourself, or call the mini version another name. Did you know that drumettes aren't even legs? They are the fleshy part of the chicken wing that are shaped liked the legs (drumsticks). Wingdings?  Flaps? The names are rolling off my tongue.

It's no surprise to hear that Chicken Maryland is on the menu at Mum and Dad's on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment