Bedside View

Bedside View
1,881 Pages to go!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Quote it Low and Watch it Grow


I have a mission to make $1,700 on EBay to fund new charcoal carpet. I am so over brown! It’s a bit of a joke in my house but I will get there even if my carpet arrives next winter. We’ve just had the current carpets steam-cleaned so I guess I’m not that optimistic.

What is the secret to selling on EBay? Is it time, luck, the photo, or the written ad? I think it’s a combination of the above, but Lady Luck certainly plays a huge part. Prices rarely repeat and watchers may never become bidders. As my insightful real estate sister says, “quote it low and watch it grow.” I say make sure you insert the words gorgeous, lots of character, or quaint in there somewhere. It paints a cosy picture.

Time to get back on the ‘Bay’ and roll out that charcoal carpet.

Grab a bargain now!

PS I've omitted the part about poor ventilation. Not a priority in the good old days

Antique White Wooden Chest of Drawers – Gorgeous!

This chest of three well-sized drawers (with feet) has lots of character and would look perfect in a bedroom, or study. Perhaps change the knobs and modernize it for a feature in another part of the house.

It’s made of solid wood and has been painted semi gloss white. The insides of the drawers are the original wood colour and the porcelain knobs have sweet rose detail (see picture.)

There are some slight scratches and markings and minor cracks in the timber joins, but these add to its character.

You don’t find solid furniture for this price these days. Flat-pack furniture that is far inferior costs $100’s more!

Grab a bargain at this reasonable price for antique drawers.

Sorry we do not have the key that fits the key-hole.

Measurements:

Height: 71.5cm

Width: 80cm

Depth: 51cm

Happy Bidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment