Bedside View

Bedside View
1,881 Pages to go!

Monday, September 27, 2010

The Burgers Are Better


Either, I am a rubbish friend or my Champion the Chicken campaign didn’t have enough lead-time or pardon the pun – legs! I hope it’s the latter!

Officially I’m not getting my $20,000 kitchen for winning the best-voted chicken recipe in the Better Homes & Garden Lenards competition.

Just like a little girl who really believes she will be a fairy one day, I could almost feel the gentle slide of self-closing kitchen drawers and see the glimmer of an organised new kitchen. The burgers are better else where I guess!

Thank you to my friends and family (even the kinder teacher and good old Mrs. Cameron) who managed to negotiate the site and vote in favour of my Red Curry Chicken & Pumpkin Burgers. Perhaps you’ll win an IPad for your efforts?

The cynics are waiting for their daily Lenards chicken promotional material bombardment. Some just wanted the recipe and it is a very tasty. Others couldn’t care if it was worthy for the dog – they voted with loyalty.

I had several ‘unco anonymous’ emails that said it didn’t load (it was just the pictures downloading guys) and it didn’t work (sorry voting ended Monday) and some even said that they got carried away reading other recipes and forgot to vote – at least they’re honest!

It was a social experiment to see if I could drum up support in a few short days, but with a site that wasn’t very user-friendly, the fact that most of my friends don’t Tweet or use Facebook every day – I was losing my social networking edge fast.

In short I should have just sent a text:

“Vote for my Chicken or you’ll be Mince Meat… lenards.com.au



PS. Too late to vote now – I may throw a chicken wing your way if I win a consolation chicken pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment