Bedside View

Bedside View
1,881 Pages to go!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What’s On Your Mind? Cunning Chicken

Call me a cynic, but when someone announces they’re about to have a glass of wine; the kids are "feral;" or they are about to take a Zumba class – does the whole electronic world have to know?

I resented the invention of the mobile phone and telecommunications’ ability to stalk you wherever you went. Call-waiting infuriated me – wait your turn please! Facebook was a novelty for a year until 1000 applications, games ‘What’s on your mind?’ and pokes too many tipped me over the cyber edge. Don’t start me on Twitter, or should I say: “Suck on that fag***s” (courtesy of our not-so eloquent Olympic Swimmer, Stephanie Rice*.

I said it early on in my 30-day blogging career that social media is the foundation of P.R. My true purpose of this blog is not to promote my writing, or me, but to promote the concept of publicising a self-published author. There are ways and means, but I have to set the scene – show a prospective author that I understand writing, live and breathe books and have a creative edge that stands out from ‘the suits’ in their swish P.R agencies on three zero figures (sounding cynical again?)

Recently, I have used my ‘social media’ networks to champion my Red Curry Chicken and Pumpkin Burgers recipe at http://lenards.com.au/. There is a competition where the best chicken recipe with the most votes wins a $20,000 kitchen. Now if you’ve seen my current ‘cooking hole’ you’d appreciate my determination. I’d also be happy with an iPad for my efforts  - or even a Lenards Chicken Pack!

I hit lots of the social networking sites. I put a link on Facebook**, invited people to my Champion the Chicken cause event. I Tweeted fluff about my Red Curry Chicken and Pumpkin Burgers. I even targeted individual Facebook Walls. If my brother can get 120 mates, then I can surely squeeze a few votes out of them? I haven’t tried Linked-In yet but there’s still time. Last, but not least, is my dear blog! Yes, I’m a cynic of social media – but cunning!

 Don’t forget to vote:  http://lenards.com.au/ -  Red Curry Chicken and Pumpkin Burgers under Win iPad then Other (last self-plug today, I promise)


*Twittered by Rice in relation to the Wallabies beating the Springboks in the Tri-Nations.


No comments:

Post a Comment